Countdown Conundrum is a simple yet challenging word puzzle game, where you have 30 seconds to unscramble the letters of a common word. That’s all there is to it, but you’ll feel the pressure build as the seconds tick away. Writing down the letters might help, but also eats into your time. Good luck!
Update: (February 2019) Countdown Conundrum just got a whole new word database, faster game play, score tracking, a new host (Brian) and some other nice additions. On display devices, you can now see your scrambled letters, and quickly leave us suggestions, ratings or feedback just by scanning a QR code with your phone!
This skill was inspired by Countdown, one of the longest-running TV game shows in the world. It’s been running in the UK since 1982, and in France since 1965.
Availability: US, UK, Australia, Canada and India.
To get started, just find the skill using the link above for your local Amazon store, enable it, then say to Alexa,
“Alexa, play Countdown Conundrum.”
Alexa will ask if you are ready to play. Just tell her you’re ready and off you go.
- Have a pencil and paper ready to write down the letters.
- If you can’t unscramble the word, say so and Brian (Alexa) will tell you.
- Look for suffixes, prefixes and other patterns, like -ING, -ION, etc.
- If you got a different word from the one Alexa was thinking about, take the points anyway!
- You can interrupt if you guess the word early. Just say “Alexa, I got it”.
- If the current word is too frustrating you can interrupt and say “Alexa, I give up”.
When you’re finished, just say Stop to end the session. If you have a display device you’ll see a QR code link on the credits page. Scan the code with your phone to visit the skill’s page on your local Amazon site. We welcome suggestions, feedback and we would love your 5-star rating!
Get Countdown Conundrum from your local Alexa Skill store: