UPDATE: March 8th 2019. Kings over Aces has been selected as one of just 10 finalists out of 342 entries in the world-wide contest “Amazon Alexa Skills Challenge – Multimodal” !!
Kings over Aces is a game of risk and reward, based on the playing card guessing game Higher or Lower. It also contains elements of TV shows such as Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.
Gameplay is straightforward: you are dealt playing cards one at a time, and you must guess whether the next card is higher or lower than the previous one.
Sounds simple enough, doesn’t it?
But there are traps to catch the unwary (and the unlucky). See the skill description for details.
To get started, just find the skill using the link below for your local Amazon store, enable it, then say to Alexa,
“Alexa, open Kings over Aces.”
Alexa will ask if you are ready to play. Just tell her you’re ready and off you go.
- Just say Higher or Lower when presented with a card. If you are right, you gain a point and keep going.
- If you’ve got a great score, think carefully! Say Save Score to protect it but end the game, or play on and risk it all!
- Aces are low, Kings are high. Hence the name!
- Two same-value cards in a row ends the game.
- Jokers, while extremely rare, also end the game.
- If you have a display device, you can use on-screen controls as well as voice.
- Say Check Score to check your current, and highest, scores.
- Say Help for instructions. They will be read out, displayed on screen and sent to your Alexa app.
When you are finished, just say Stop to end the session.
Enable Kings over Aces in your Alexa app, or from your regional Amazon store using these links: