Countdown Conundrum is a simple, but challenging, word puzzle game where you have 30 seconds to unscramble the letters of a word. That’s all there is to it, but you will feel under pressure as the seconds tick away. Writing down the letters will help, but it also eats into your time. Good luck!
This skill was inspired by Countdown, one of the longest-running TV game shows in the world. It’s been running in the UK since 1982, and in France since 1965.
To get started, just find the skill using the link above for your local Amazon store, enable it, then say to Alexa,
“Alexa, play Countdown Conundrum.”
Alexa will ask if you are ready to play. Just tell her you’re ready and off you go.
- Have a pencil and paper ready to write down the letters. Alexa only says them once.
- If you don’t get the word, say so and you will have the option to try that word again.
- Keep track of your score; in this version there is no score-keeping (coming soon).
- Look for suffixes, prefixes and other patterns, like -ING, -ION, etc.
- If you got a different word from the one Alexa was thinking about, take the points anyway!
When you are finished, just say Stop to end the session.
Get Countdown Conundrum from your local Alexa Skill store: