Welcome to Laldy Labs. I’m David Curley. I’m an independent voice application designer / developer specialising in Amazon Alexa. I was one of the first Alexa Skill Builders in the industry to receive official certification by Amazon.
This blog is a showcase for my Alexa work. You’ll find links to just a few of my published Alexa skills here, including popular ones like Call Handler, award-winning ones like Kings over Aces, and useful ones like Pass Phrase. I’ve also worked on many other skills for clients, including some high-profile ones like Audible Book Finder and Audible Stories. I’ve also built voice apps to bring the simplicity of Voice to other applications, such as WhosMyOwner.
Want to help your organisation find its voice with Alexa?
Whether you want a simple voice FAQ about your business, charity or club to reduce phone queries – or something more specialised, I’m here to help you explore what’s possible, and perhaps help create your own custom Alexa skill.
It might seem daunting, but it’s not. In only 10-15 days, your Alexa skill could be handling spoken inquiries from prospects, customers, club or team members, or your staff. With well over 100 million Alexa devices now sold, your information or business message can reach your local audience, or millions of Alexa users worldwide.
Publishing your Alexa skill is easy.
- Think about what kind of conversation you’d like your users to have with your organisation. I can help with this if you’re unsure.
- I’ll use this to create a basic script. If you decide to proceed, I’ll start working on your new skill as soon as possible.
- In just a few days I’ll have a working Alexa skill ready for you to review. I’ll send a link to a video showing this prototype in action. You can take your time to review it and jot down any changes or additions you’d like.
- I’ll make your changes and send you an updated video. You can still make final adjustments of course! When you’re ready, I’ll submit your skill to Amazon to be published.
- A few days later, you can to announce to the world that your Alexa skill is live on Amazon!
Just think… what will your customers say?
To get in touch and start the ball rolling, use this contact form.